18. What is the G4S screening and vetting process
It is a 5 year background check looking at things like employment history.
19. What is LOCOG accreditation
This is a further background check conducted by the Organising Committee to allow you to work on site during the Games. This is a standard check for all Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Accreditation passes are issued in April and you will be notified via email when we have your outcome.
20. What is a CRB check
A CRB is a criminal records background check.
21. What happens to my documents
They are photocopied and then electronically filed in a secure database throughout employment. After leaving the company your documents are kept for 7 years and then securely destroyed.
22. How long does it take to go through the G4S screening and vetting process
The screening and vetting process varies for each candidate; it can take anything from 2-12 weeks depending on how quickly we can get a response from your referees.
23. How can I help to speed up the process
In order to speed up the process you can provide payslips from previous employers and chase the company and personal references for speedy responses.
24. What happens if I fail G4S screening and vetting
You will be notified by the screening and vetting department upon failure, you cannot work for G4S following this.
25. If I fail the screening process, when can I re-apply
You cannot reapply for a role within G4S for 5 years following a failed screening and vetting check.
26. What happens if I fail LOCOG accreditation
You may still be able to work for other parts of G4S just not for the London 2012 project. You can view other available vacancies on the global careers centre where you originally registered: http://careers.g4s.com/
27. When will I know if I have passed screening and vetting
You will be notified via email after you have passed screening and vetting highlighting next steps. You can also check on the global careers centre, where you first registered, to check you status in the process by logging onto your profile.
28. When will I know if I have passed accreditation
You will be notified via email after you have passed accreditation highlighting next steps.
You can also check on the global careers centre, where you first registered, to check you status in the process by logging onto your profile.
29. What do I do if I no longer want to apply for this role
You need to contact a call centre agent on 0203 535 2012 to withdraw you application.
30. Someone has tried to contact me from G4S regarding my screening and vetting – why?
We may be having issues contacting your referees and so we need to discuss this with you to ensure we have the correct details, or provide us with a new referee and whether you can assist us in the process. It is important you get back to us within 10 working days.
31. I haven’t got back to G4S regarding my screening and vetting query they left me what happens now?
If you haven’t got back to us within 10 working days your application will be withdrawn from the system.
32. How do I make a complaint about this process
Please email us on Screening2012@uk.g4s.com